Greenery has been reducing these days due to several reasons. Gardening has a very relaxing effect. But still there are people who love greenery around them. Thus, they carry gardening in their own premises. The whole process is known as Indoor Gardening. It brings the nature’s beauty inside. It is like duplicating the gift of nature. Indoor gardening can be done to overcome natural spaces. But it’s a very difficult task and it needs lots of care. You can make space in your lawns, balconies, patios, rooftops, etc. It’s perfect for those people who want to have fresh produce during the winters. It improves the air quality by drawing the pollutants out. Gardening is considered to be a relaxing activity for many people. Many senior citizens consider it to be their favorite hobby. Some of the indoor gardening ideas and tips are mentioned below.
Plants get their food by the process of photo synthesis. Since Sunlight may not reach at the indoor gardening plants. Thus, indoor electric lights are needed for those plants. But setting electric lightening for indoor gardening plants may also seem to be a challenge. So following steps should be followed for lightening indoor garden properly.
Indoor Gardening Ideas and Tips
Try to provide natural light means Sunlight to indoor gardening plants as much as possible. It will help them to grow at a faster rate.
- Sunlight is very much effective for plants.
- Give proper lightening to indoor plants.
Lightening is very much necessary for every plant. The growth of a plant is fully depends on the lightening. Therefore, it is necessary for you to familiarize yourself with better lightening techniques.
- Lightening techniques must be used for indoor plants.
- You must know all the lightening techniques.
You can also use different types of grow lights for indoor gardening plants. These grow lights are equally better for indoor plants like natural light.
- Indoor plants can make their food and water with the help of these grow lights.
- It is also essential for indoor gardening.
The position of plants in indoor gardening also matters a lot. It should be arranged in a manner that each and every plant can easily get essential lights for synthesis.
- Set up lightening effect for all plants equally.
- Plants will grow at a faster rate by doing this.
Factors Effecting the Growth of Plants in Indoor Gardening
Light: Red and Blue light is most important for plant growth.
Intensity: Plants in arid regions require large amount of light. Rainforest plants prefer lower amount of light.
Duration: Plants should not be exposed 24 hours to light. The plants which prefer 8 – 10 hours of light are called short – day varieties and the one which are exposed to 14 – 18 hours are called long day varieties.
How to Design a Successful Indoor Garden
- Plan a design for your garden
- Choose the right space
- Control the environment
- Choose the plants
Tips for Indoor Gardening
- If you grow plans from seeds, you will get high quality seedlings which will overcrowd your garden. You should leave enough space for lightning of plants.
- Always prefer planting disease – resistant and hardy plant varieties to maintain good health for your indoor garden.
- You should pollinate flowers yourself by using small brush since usually there are no indoor pollinators.
- Neem plant is a must for your garden. It contains natural estrogen like chemicals that kills various kinds of fungus, bacteria, harmful insects, viruses, etc.
- If a plant is infected with a disease you should throw it off before it spreads disease in other plants of the garden.
If you notice pests, diseases or other abnormalities you should react immediately. Postponing your action may destroy your garden. If you are doing hydroponics or soil based gardening, you should get wiring done by the best electrician because water and electronics don’t go well together.